Thursday, November 24, 2011

This morning was a little depressing as I was unable to talk my daughter to the parade thanks to my former spouse.

I eventually got over this and did some paperwork and errands. while doing this I found another set of lyrics. I decided over the past few days to make word files of all the lyrics of all my songs. I now have a total of 24 three of which need to be written.

I then went to visit Billy & Anna Lisa for a Thanksgiving dinner. The food was excellent.

Billy then turned me on to a whole bunch of really good music. Bands I have never heard of. He also played this incredible version of Greg Lake doing 21st Century Schizoid Man with Gary Moore on guitar. It was not only outstanding they also did it at a much quicker tempo. Hearing Gary doing all of those incredible guitar licks in the middle at quite the tempo was astonishing. I wonder if Robert could do it at this tempo. He also played two songs from the new Toni Iommi & Ian Gillian CD. great stuff.

I also brought Pietro Russino's album Hynofolk for him to listen to. He loved it.

Billy then told me about a project that he was starting which will include a blog sight and new music. He mentioned that he decided to start this project on 11/11/11 which is National Metal Day. He also showed me an archive of every performance he has ever been to. It was really incredible to view this catalog.

We ended our evening at about ten. We had a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home