Monday, February 09, 2009

Weekend catch up

Saturday morning gave guitar lesson - looks like we will be on every two weeks.

Sunday was Children's church - two new songs today - One was Michael Row the Boat Ashore - didn't realize this song has four verses.

Home by 10:00 leave at 10:30 to Goldens Bridge. I set up the Pro tools rig and then I did some work on the music binder for church. I had a lot of loose music so put them in these plastic sleeves to protect them.

YGT meeting from 12:00 - 4:00
Worked on:

Gallery of Ghosts, Continuing to get better
Clockworks - We did a lot of work on the transition from the A to B section - it's starting to get tighter.
Thru the Smoke and the Haze - for some reason I had a lot of difficulty remembering how many passes for each part. I think we got one complete take.

Roiling - This is a fast piece and moving from one section to the next is a challenge. We actually dropped the metronome by 2 bpm which surprisingly made a reasonable difference. I'm pushing for 10 bpm. Alan also came up with and idea for an intro using the C section of the piece.

Usually when I get home from these meetings I start to edit. For some reason I have a technical problem - The computer will not se the interface. So now I have to figure out the problem. First Idea is the firewire is bad. I called alto music and they suggested that one of the firewire outputs is fried. I also emailed digidesign and waiting to hear back from them. I might take the laptop to the apple store to check its firewire connector.


This morning was laundry.

I made one more attempt with pro tools but no luck.

Out at two for sessions at Goldens Bridge from 3:00 - 8:00

Beatle news! Today is the forty fifth anniversary of The Beatles first performance on The Ed Sullivan Show.

I remember being glued to the TV I was eight years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home