Sunday, February 15, 2009

While driving to Blue cliff monastery, I heard on the radio that today in 1941 the definitive recording of Take The A Train was recorded today. This tune and it's popularity put Billy Strayhorn on the map.

Drove to Blue Cliff Monastery for a day of mindfulness. Today was different than my last visit in December. Today seemed to be more work and required more of my attention during the Dharma talk. The talk was also 90 minutes with no break so concentration also be came a challenge. I was also internally challenged in a new way given what's going on these days. Nonetheless I'm glad I attended and will probably go in another six weeks. This seems to be the most reasonable attendance track for me at this time. I might in the future stay a weekend.

Home by 6:00 and rest for 30.

I go out to dinner to meet old friends. Old friends from the late 60's to early 70's.

This was a great dinner and meeting. We had so much to talk about when we were kids. It was great fun. We hung out for two and a half hours remminising. We talked about all the bands we played in - we were all musicians at the time. One is still a professional musician.We decided we will do this again in another month. Looking forward to this.

Home at 10:50.

Posting at 11:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home